So even breakfast needs a little sweetness like with this Pineapple Banana Bread
If you've never tried to toast banana bread DO IT. Immediately. Really brings out all of the flavors.
Lunch time I get my fix with a Blueberry Banana Smoothie
So easy. 1 cup skim milk, 1 low-fat blueberry yogurt, 1 cup blueberries and 1 frozen banana all blended together.
And of course for a sugar addict dessert is the most important meal of the day! Here's my Cherry Pie Sour Cream Bars
- 1/2 c butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can light cherry pie filling
- 1/2 c fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup Splenda (or sugar)
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
2. For the crust, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Put in the melted butter.
3. Set aside 3/4 cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of the pan.
4. For the sour cream filling, mix together the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8×8 pan.
5. Spoon your pie filling over the sour cream and gently swirl with the sour cream filling with a spoon. You may not need to use the whole can. I saved some of the juices and just made sure to get all of the cherries into the dessert.
6. Sprinkle the 3/4 cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares.
Top if off with some Cool Whip and you've got a dessert worth licking the plate for!