Oh. My. Goodness.
Because I only have a mini donut pan I decided to make some as muffins too.
I can't decide which was better. Popping the donut into my mouth or sinking my teeth into the muffin.
One thing I do know...Nutella glaze is the best thing on earth!
It's so good I decided to dip more muffins into it. Like these "no flour, no butter, no oil" banana oat muffins that, unsurprisingly, had NO taste.
BAM! Nutella glaze made even these muffins good!
Ok here's the recipe:
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients. In another large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, through the banana. Stir dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
- Fill donut pan with batter, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
I used a mini donut pan and still ended up baking for 10 minutes. To make them as muffins, heat the oven to 350 and bake 18-22 minutes.
For the Crack...I mean Nutella...glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
Whisk together all icing ingredients; dip the tops of the donuts into the icing and garnish with sprinkles.
One tip: be sure that your muffins and donuts are cooled completely before dipping them into the glaze or it melts.