Trisha Yearwood has had a lot of success with her cookbooks and now she's going to host a daytime cooking series for the Food Network during the 2011-2012 season! Wonder if Garth will show up for some taste tests?!
Friday night is the night for the ACM's The Girls’ Night Out special, taped April 4th. It'll be on CBS at 9pm and here's what you can look forward to seeing: will air This Friday (April 22nd) at 9:00 PM ET on CBS.
• Vince Gill teaming up with Carrie Underwood for her hit “Jesus Take The Wheel”
• Blake Shelton singing “Famous In A Small Town” for Miranda Lambert
• Ronnie Dunn shares the stage with Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles for “Stay.”
• Rascal Flatts and Reba McEntire sang 'The Heart Won't Lie.'
• Miranda Lambert introduced a new trio, Pistol Annie, which she has formed with Angeleena Presley and Ashley Monroe
• Martina McBride and Little Big Town sang 'When Will I Be Loved,' a hit for Linda Ronstadt whom Martina cited as one of her biggest influences.
• Sara Evans honored the late Tammy Wynette with 'Stand by Your Man'
• the JaneDear girls sang 'Wild Side of Life' in tribute to Kitty Wells.
• The Band Perry honored Patsy Cline with a rendition of her hit, 'Walkin' After Midnight.'
• Jason Aldean sang 'She's Country
• John Fogerty and Wynonna sang Creedence Clear Water Revival’s ‘Proud Mary’
Don't expect Taylor Swift to go the way of Lindsey Lohan or Miley Cyrus...Taylor tells Britain's "Telegraph" she's not out to project a "sexy" image, and simply wants to be genuine. "'I wouldn't wear tiny amounts of clothing in my real life so I don't think it's necessary to wear that stuff in photo shoots." Taylor calls it a "life decision," saying she enjoys wearing pretty dresses and dabbling with different styles, but, "I don't feel comfortable taking my clothes off."
Swift admits people used to try to persuade her to do something a little more risque, but "not anymore," since she's made it clear how she feels about the matter. Taylor adds that it's important to her to remain in charge of herself, which is also why she doesn't drink. She says she's concerned that if she were to overindulge she, "might come off in a way that I can't control."